About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

There's always more to it than you first thought

When I first saw my door hanging I thought I just needed to add a border and maybe do a bit of embroidery. Now I've had a good look there are lots of little bits which need doing. (See my latest post on my Restoration Project page for more details).

I got a sense of deja vu in a different context this week when I decided to tidy my craft room. I began by sorting the boxes of textile stash but then needed to move some books so I could fit them on a shelf. But then where could my books go? I ended up by having piles of books in about three different rooms and the question of whether I needed to buy more bookcases.


Then it entered my head that the dining room would make a good library (I never use it to eat in) but the decor was looking a little tired.........


So a simple plan to tidy has now mushroomed into decorating and refurnishing half the house!!


Maybe I should have left things as they were.



No comments:

Post a Comment