About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Re-use and recycle

I've added some pictures to the Inspirations page of a dress I bought at the Jewel of Yorkshire Festival. It is a great example of how textiles can be recycled.

Some elements of the dress are modern while others have probably been used many times.

 It reminds me of how clothes in the past were made to simple shapes with detachable decorative elements which were treasured. Now clothes are so disposable and you pay more for a designer label than for the actual workmanship involved in production.


No comments:

Post a Comment