About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Friday 28 September 2012

Heaven equals lolling on the sofa reading textile books

There are worse ways to spend a cold and damp evening. I've just been reading through my textile book pile searching for info on the wall hanging I acquired in Glastonbury. Check out the Restoration Project page for where I am up to.

Part of my growing collection of books on textiles.



My favourite resource books are:

Sheila Payne's Embroidered Textiles and John Gillow's World Textiles which has interesting sections on techniques.








The book I anticipate using the most for this project is Indian Textiles by John Gillow and Nicholas Barnard.



Ok I admit it I spend more time drooling over the pictures than reading. Then when I ran out of images to slobber on in the books I searched Google for some more.

I am such a sparkle junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment