About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ooops!

Ok I admit it, I've got distracted and have been seduced by other craft projects. I warned you this would happen!

The good news is I have finished my practice piece and am feeling brave enough to make a start on my wall hanging. However I still haven't tracked down that elusive stitch.



The temptress who has stolen me away from stitching is a gorgeous Ashford Traditional spinning wheel called Margo. I first met her in Cornwall when visiting my dancing friend Carol. We hit it off straight away and she ran away to live with me in October. Since we met my head has been full of wool and dyes and the gorgeous yarns we can make together. Unfortunately for my other projects this means we have been spending time getting acquainted, although so far this has been limited to short draw worsted spinning.

The dark nights also mean my crafting is limited by the gloom of my sitting room. Even with t' big light on and a lamp it is too dark for needlework. Instead I have been busy knitting a blanket to keep me snug.


No comments:

Post a Comment