About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Monday 19 November 2012

Colours to dye for

A bit of colour inspiration

There is something special about the way colours obtained from natural dyes complement each other without clashing. The subtle effects are well worth the extra time it takes to prepare the dye bath.

My favourites are:

Indigo / Woad - Which always gives great results (as long as the correct prep is used). I still find it magical to see the greeny yellow wool turn blue as the dye oxidizes in air.

Madder - Beautiful reds, oranges and pinks.




Gorgeous colours from Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment