About Me

My photo
I am a dancer and holistic therapist with a passion for textiles,colours and embellishments. I've always dabbled in crafts but my voyage into costuming through my obsession with Tribal belly dance has really made me burst with ideas. This blog is to help me gather all my woolly wanderings into one place and also to record my crafty doings.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Eureka!

I have finally found out what that stitch is...

I was chatting with my friend Sarah and she mentioned Aldi were selling DK Craft books for £1. Not surprisingly I hot-footed it down to my local store and managed to get the last copy of 'Stitch - A guide to embroidery.'  I dithered about buying it as I was really after the sewing or knitting book but then I thought a craft book for £1 I'd be daft not to.

On flicking through I discovered a section on satin stitches and variations including the herringbone stitch and on the next page there it was.....


                                   The flat stitch.

I will post some details on the techniques page once I have mastered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment